First things first, thank Susie Truett for nominating me! You can check out her blog by clicking HERE.I started blogging about four years ago but I didn’t take it seriously at that time. I’ve seen a lot of different awards but I never thought that I would ever receive one. This morning when I woke up and grabbed my phone to check my notifications, I saw that Susie had mentioned me in a tweet. She nominated me for The Liebster Award. I didn’t know what it was, so I turned to my friend, Google. The Liebster Award is an online award, given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s a way of recognizing their efforts and promoting them. When you are nominated and you accept it, you have a set of rules to follow. You have to write a blog post about the award, answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you, then you nominate other bloggers and ask questions, too.
So let’s get to the questions Susie has asked:
1. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve faced since starting your Blog?
I’m not really into social media, but after a while, I had to realise that no-one would find my Blog if I don’t promote it. I had to start using Facebook and Twitter and I also had to learn how to use them properly.
2. If you were going to a desert island and could only take two things with you, what would you take?
Mosquito repellent and a good book.
3. Where do you find inspiration for your Blog content?
Life is the perfect source of inspiration for me whatever the topic may be. I just have to look around and inspiration is everywhere! As far as my diet-friendly and family-related posts are concerned, I like to believe that my experience might be helpful for somebody out there. A special source of inspiration is my husband who often asks “When is the next history-related post is coming?”. He was also the one who advised me to start blogging in English, besides the original Hungarian language.
4. Do you have Pets & if so, what are their names?
Yes, I do. The cats are Süti and Mini, the dog is Kifli. (Süti means “cake” or “cookie”, Kifli means “crescent roll” or “croissant”.)
5. Coffee or Tea?
Both. I prefer coffee though.
6. What is your favorite movie?
The Nightmare Before Christmas. I watch it at least once every holiday season. I even have The Nightmare Before Christmas version of Monopoly.
7. What is the last book you read?
FacePaint by Lisa Eldridge.
8. If someone offered you an all expense paid trip to anywhere in the world, where you would you choose to go?
Lapland, Sweden. It’s on my bucket list.
9. What goals do you have for your Blog for 2018?
I always try to write about interesting topics, so I hope to be able to come up with interesting topics in the long run. I would really love to collaborate with other bloggers.
10. Name your favorite Dessert or Sweet Treat.
It’s the lattice apple pie that I baked two days ago.
11. How much time do you spend a day on Social Media activities related to your Blog (Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
On average, about an hour.
Now let me share with you some random facts about me:
- I don’t eat pork.
- I hate Hungarian cuisine! (Though I’m Hungarian.)
- I love learning languages! (My current profession is language-related and I’m now back at university to get another language-related certificate.)
- With my boss, I wrote a practice test book for the ECL language exam.
- I’m an only child.
- I’m afraid of heights.
- I get rid of stress by drawing into my planner and painting my nails.
- I can’t stand surprises.
The bloggers I’d like to nominate for The Liebster Award are…
If you don’t accept, don’t worry. If you do accept, I’m looking forward to seeing your posts. Here are my questions for you:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What do you do in case of a writer’s block?
3. Does your family know that you have a blog? What is their opinion about blogging?
4. What has been your scariest experience so far in your life?
5. What are you most grateful for?
6. What’s your favourite time of year?
7. What are the pains and pleasures of blogging?
8. How do you spend me-time?
9. What’s the worst film you have ever seen?
10. Is there anything you would like to learn in the future? If so, what is it?
11. What are your personal goals for 2018?
The recommended rules can be found at The Liebster Award website. For further information, click HERE.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
(Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
7. List these rules in your post.
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Thank your for reading this long post. Don’t forget to share your thoughts with me in the comment section below.